August 23, 2011
• Location: Selectmen’s meeting room, second floor, Town Hall
• Call to Order
• Approval of Minutes
5:10 PM/ Map 39 Lot 11: continuation of a public hearing under the requirements of the West Tisbury Wetlands Protection Bylaw and regulations to consider a Notice of Intent filed by the Woods Hole Group on behalf of Endofthedirtroad LLC for property owned by Endofthedirtroad LLC located at 234 Middle Point Road. Construction access will be over 225 Middle Point Road Map 39 Lot 10 also owned by the applicant. The proposed project includes the installation of approximately 135 feet of sloping low-profile rock revetment along the eastern shoreline of Tisbury Great Pond, together with annual beach nourishment and routine maintenance of the revetment. Work will take place on a coastal beach, coastal bank, coastal dune, land subject to coastal storm flowage and in the buffer zone. Construction access will be over the buffer zone, considered a resource area under the West Tisbury Wetlands Protection Bylaw.
Documents to be noted for the record:
• Administrative Record in the matter of Endofthedirtroad, LLC v WTCC DUCV2010-0035
• Letter from Mr. Wes Edens dated August 1, 2009
• Letter from Brian Hurley, attorney for Endofthedirtroad LLC dated August 4, 2011 requesting a waiver
• Woods Hole Sea Grant dated July 20, 2011
• LEC Environmental Consultants dated August 10, 2011
• Martha’s Vineyard Commission dated August 9, 2011
• Response letter to BOS dated August 16, 2011
• E-Mail from David Bouck TTOR dated August 6, 2011 re: resubmittal of previous comments
• 5:45 PM/Map 32 Lot 33a public meeting under the requirements of G.L. Ch.131 § 40, as amended and the West Tisbury Wetlands Protection Bylaw and regulations to consider a Request for Determination of Applicability filed by Deborah J. Mayhew, Trustee of the Mayhew Look’s Pond Way Nominee Trust, owner of property located at 32 Look’s Pond Way,. The proposed project consists of trimming vegetation in the bordering vegetated wetland adjacent to Looks Pond and removing the understory, shrub layer and mowing in the second 100 feet of the Riverfront Area.
6:00 PM Map 1 Lots 17 & 63/SE 79-312: a public hearing under the requirements of G.L. Ch.131 § 40, as amended and the West Tisbury Wetlands Protection Bylaw and regulations to consider a Notice of Intent filed by Cooper Environmental Services on behalf of Barbara Kravitz owner of property located at 104 & 126 Naushon Ave,. The project consists of removing 7 trees, selectively pruning and thinning 61 trees to shape and reduce the height in order to restore a view channel, and clearing invasive/poisonous plants. The work is in the Buffer Zone and Bordering Vegetated Wetland.
• New Business:
Map 11 Lots 46 & 72/Fisher APR/ Weapons compliant
Time will be reserved for any topics that the chair did not reasonably anticipate.
• Old Business
September 1st-Site Visits
September 13th - Next Regularly scheduled meeting
Time and Bills
In: copy of e-mail from Chris Chisholm at DAR dated August 16, 2011
Out: Letter to the Board of Selectmen dated August 16, 2011 re: Edens
Letters to the Editors and News Briefs (Times and Gazette) re: Dirt Bikes
• Executive Session