REGULAR SELECT BOARD MEETING
Callahan Room Dalton Town Hall
7:00 P.M, September 10, 2018
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Minutes: July 11, 23, and August 20, 2018
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following:
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when an agenda item is discussed by the Board, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair. Address comments to the Board Chair and be concise.
6. Adopt Age Friendly Strategy
7. Option to buy Town Forest
8. DCC Franchise Fee for April, May and June 2018.
9. Donation Acceptances
• Dalton Beautification Commission
10. Mass Dept of Agricultural Resources - Bardin Property
11. Wahconah School Building Committee/CBRSD School Committee Reports
12. Town Manager Updates
• Update LED Streetlighting Project
• Old Dalton High Demolition
• Special Town Meeting
13. Term Limits for Select Board Members
14. Oct & Nov Meeting Schedule
15. Items for Future Agendas
16. Remarks of Select Board
• The Fitch-Hoose House is now open from through October on Saturdays
• John W. Bartels, Jr., holds office hours by appointment, in the Select Board Office at the Town Hall. For further information please call 413-684-6111 Ext. 11. & home (413) 684-2526
• The Veterans’ Agent office hours are Wednesdays from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM at the Town Hall and 11:40 AM to 1:30 PM at the Senior Center. Services for Dalton Veterans are now available Monday through Friday through the North Adams Veterans Services Department: call 413-662-3040.
• Public Power is the Town’s supplier for the Municipal Electrical Aggregation Program. You will see that name as the supplier of electricity on your Eversource bill, unless you have another supplier. To opt in or out of the program go on-line to: https://colonialpowergroup.com/dalton/ or call Public Power at 1-800-830-2944.
• The Conservation Commission is looking for new members. If interested, please contact the Town Manager's Office at 684-6111 Ext 11.
• The Dalton Beautification Commission is seeking Volunteers to assist in maintaining the commission's established garden spaces in the community. If interested, please contact the Town Manager's Office at 684-6111 Ext 11.
• Please note that Dalton’s Official Meeting Postings, Agendas and Minutes can be viewed at mytowngovernment.org/01226
• State Representative Paul Mark holds office hours at the Dalton Town Hall, 462 Main Street, in the Callahan Room on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the exception of the third Tuesday of each month. On the third Tuesday, office hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Town Hall and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach his office at his district number which is 413-464-5635.
• The Building Inspector office hours are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Tuesday: 8:00 a.m.to 12:30
18. Executive Session - Not to Return to Open Session: To conduct a strategy session in preparation for litigation; (Note: Chairman must declare that an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating position of the public body), and not return to open session:
19. Executive Session Minutes: July 11, July 23, August 20, 2018