Selectmen’s Meeting April 26, 2021
Town Hall, 2nd Floor Stage, 30 Martin Street
Pursuant to Governor Baker’s March 12, 2020 Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, §18, this meeting will be conducted via remote participation to the greatest extent possible. Specific information and the general guidelines for remote participation by members of the public and/or parties with a right and/or requirement to attend this meeting can be found on the town’s website, at www.essexma.org. For this meeting, no in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, however, members of the public who wish to listen to and/or view the meeting may do so via Video Call or phone to call in, for audio-only).
The link to the video conference is: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/bzubricki, and, if prompted, the on-line meeting ID is bzubricki. Depending on your device and software installed, you may be able to join directly, by web browser, or, you may have to download the application directly (you will be shown that choice when you go to the above link). You should be joined in mute mode. However, if that is not the case, please click on the audio icon to mute your microphone. You can choose to activate your camera to show yourself, or not. The camera should be off, by default, when you join.
If you do not have a digital device to join via the link above, you can also dial a telephone number and be directly connected to the meeting, via audio only. The call-in-only number is: (425) 436-6352 and the access code is 1729820.
AGENDA – OPEN SESSION
6:00 p.m. Public Comment. Please email comments to Town Administrator Brendhan Zubricki: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your comments will be read from time to time throughout the meeting. If your comment relates to an agenda item, please note that in the email subject line.
6:30 p.m. Historical Commission Chairman Nat Crosby to discuss the Board’s plan to demolish the Folsom Pavilion and to seek future funding for the design and construction of a replacement structure.
7:00 p.m. Quarterly Department Head Meeting
Brendhan Zubricki: Presentation of his Town Administrator’s Report for the period April 10, 2021 through April 23, 2021, regarding the following:
• Planning Board Zoning Bylaw Public Hearing Summary
• Zoning Board of Appeals Cell Tower Variance Application Hearing Summary
• Public Safety Building Construction Project Update
• Change Order: Public Safety Building Elevator Sill Angle Credit
• Change Order: Public Safety Building Camera System Modifications
• Revision of Base Plans for Old Fire Station Demolition/Site Restoration
• Folsom Pavilion Demolition & Plan to Fund Design/Construction for Replacement
• Draft Annual Town Meeting Motions
• Regional Pilot Project Grant Program Award
• Approve the weekly warrant in the amount of $.
• Vote to exempt from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the 04/15/2021 warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
Jake McNeilly McNeilly EMS 04/01/2021 $ 143.50 Fire
Jake McNeilly McNeilly EMS 04/07/2021 $ 200.00 Harbormaster
• Vote to exempt from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the 04/22/2021 warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
Jake McNeilly McNeilly EMS 04/12/2021 $ 155.00 Fire
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 03/24/2021 $ 257.50 Highway
• Approve the minutes for the Selectmen’s April 12, 2021, Open Meeting.
• Vote to ratify the Chairman’s signature on the FEMA COVID 25% reimbursement contract.
• Vote to ratify the approval of the request by all four lessees of 25 Middle Road to remove two of the lessees from the lease (Wallace H. Rowe III and Wallace H. Rowe IV).
• Vote to approve the recommendation School Counselor David Conwell to award the Selectmen’s 2021 Citizenship Award to an Essex MERSD student. Sign the award certificate. Decide who will present the award at the presentation which is tentatively scheduled for Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
• Discuss possible marsh restoration work on a Town-owned salt marsh parcel designated 0 Hardys Creek Marsh, Map 204, Lot 005 on the Town of Essex Board of Assessors’ tax maps.
• Consider applicants to fill a vacancy on the Board of Public Works.
• Consider a request from Mr. & Mrs. DeScenza to repair or replace the broken stakes and signage at 9 Beach Circle.
• Consider whether the Town should opt out of aerial pesticide spraying by the State-imposed deadline of May 15, 2021, if found to be necessary and the Town can meet all related requirements. The opt-out would apply in any future public health situation where the Commonwealth of Massachusetts mandates the use of aerial spraying for mosquito control purposes.
• Review a letter from Ed Neal concerning the roof on the new public safety building.
• Items that could not be reasonably anticipated by the Open Meeting Law posting deadline.
Gasoline-Fuel Storage Permits:
• Gaybrook Garage, 152 Western Avenue
• The next regular Board of Selectmen’s meeting will take place on Monday, May 3, 2021, at 6:00 p.m. in the 2nd Floor Stage Conference area of the Town Hall on Martin Street.
• The Annual Town Election will take place on Tuesday, May 10, 2021.
• The Annual Town Meeting will take place at the Essex Elementary School on Story Street, starting at 1 pm on Saturday, May 15, 2021.