REGULAR SELECT BOARD MEETING
Virtual Meeting via Zoom
Open Session Broadcast on DCTV 1301
7:00 P.M, December 14, 2020
“Pursuant to Governor Baker’s March 12, 2020 Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, §20, and the Governor’s March 15, 2020 Order imposing strict limitation on the number of people that may gather in one place, this meeting of the Select Board will be conducted via remote participation. For this meeting, members of the public who wish to watch the open session portion of the meeting may do so by viewing on Dalton Community Television on channel 1301, or via zoom.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 814 2750 3421
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,81427503421#,,,,,,0#,,728397# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kr7FxY8md
No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the open session portion of the proceedings in real-time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so, despite best efforts, we will post on the Town’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.”
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following: Use the Zoom link or dial 684-6111
Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
The Chair or their designee may answer questions on procedural matters.*Please be cordial and respectful of others.
If anyone wishes to be recognized when the Board discusses an agenda item, please make the request at this time. The Board Chair may grant this request. Address comments to the Board Chair and be concise.
• Council on Aging
7. BOH - Covid Updates
8. Police Department JAG Grant Acceptance
9. Green Dalton Committee Update
10. Shared Streets Grant/Crosswalk Project Update
11. Town Manager Updates
• Approval of Public Notices for Inclusion with property tax bills
12. Items for Future Agendas
13. Remarks of Select Board
14. Select Board Chair Updates
• The Town Hall: Effective Monday, 11/16/2020, the Town of Dalton will be closing the Town Hall, Senior Center and Highway/Cemetery Offices to the public. All offices will remained staffed and will be available by phone or email during their normal business hours. Please see Town of Dalton Website for Departmental Information.
• CRA WINTER WONDERLAND: December 19-January 31st. This event is outdoors, safe, fun walk allowing families to celebrate the beauty of the holidays. Opening Night will be a socially distanced event requiring pre-registration and masks. Visitors will pick up a CRA property map listing location of trees sponsored and decorated by local businesses. Mixed throughout the trees will be sponsored stations for kids to pick up goodies and crafts-to-go. You can call the CRA for details 413-684-0260.
• For Regions in Level 2 – Significant Drought in Massachusestts
The Level 2 drought level remains unchanged from the previous month's declaration.
• Town of Dalton’s Community Choice Power Supply Program Consumer Notification
Dynegy Energy Services is the Town’s new supplier for its Community Choice Power Supply Program. The Town’s new aggregation rate is fixed at $0.09603 per kWh for all rate classes for 36 months (January 2021 to January 2024). You will see Dynegy Energy Service named as the supplier of electricity on your Eversource bill, unless you use another supplier. All accounts currently enrolled in the Program will be switched to Dynegy Energy Services as of the January 2021 meter reads and will be seen on the February 2021 bills. To OPT-In or OPT-Out of the program OR for more detailed information about the program go on-line to:
https://colonialpowergroup.com/dalton/. OR call Dynegy at (866)220-5696
• The Transfer Station New FY21 Prices
Sticker Price 1st Vehicle $115.00
2nd Vehicle $ 40.00
Bags Price: 30gal. Bag (large) $4.00- Package of 10 $40.00
15gal. Bag (small) $3.30- Package of 10 $33.00
For a complete price list go to Dalton-ma.gov and click on the Transfer Station button.
NEW HOURS FOR COMPOST AND BRUSH AREA
Tuesday/Wednesday – 2:00 P.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Friday/Saturday – 8:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.
Brush hours will remain open until January 2, 2021 for Christmas trees disposal after that time,
the brush area will close until April 2021 or further notice.
• Messages from the Dalton Police Department
Police Department is now open to the Public
The Dalton police Department lobby is now open to the public. Please feel free to stop in and see an Officer. Social Distancing and mask are required and only two (2) people are allowed in the lobby at a time.
Processing of Firearm Permit
Firearm permits are processed between the hours of 10:00 A.M. and 3:00 P.M. by appointment only. Please call 413-684-0300 to schedule your appointment. No walk-ins are being accepted at this time. A check or money order for $100.00 made payable to the Town of Dalton. Renewals over the age of 70 are free.
• 2020 – 2021 Winter Park Ban
The Dalton Police Department is reminding the citizens of Dalton of the Winter Parking Ban which goes into effect on November 15, 2020, and will be in effect until April 15, 2021. There will be No parking will be allowed on the streets between these dates.
• The Dalton Library is now open 12:00 P.M. -5:00 P.M. on Monday, Thursday and Friday; 10:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. on Tuesday, and 12:00 P.M. 8:00 P.M. on Wednesday. Anyone in a high-risk population may schedule a time in the AM to come in by themselves with no question asked. Lobby pick-up continues for anyone who would rather not enter the building. Call 684-6112 for more information.
16. Executive Session – And Not Return to Open Session:
1. Appointment discussion: Building Commissioner/Zoning Officer.
2. To conduct a strategy to determine wages paid in the event of closure due to Covid 19 regulations.
3. Police Chief Search Committee Candidate Status Update and Next Steps
(Note: Chairman must declare that an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating of the public body; and return to open session:
• Executive Session Minutes: