Selectmen’s Meeting March 22, 2021
Town Hall, 2nd Floor Stage, 30 Martin Street
Pursuant to Governor Baker’s March 12, 2020 Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, §18, and the Governor’s March 15, 2020 Order imposing strict limitation on the number of people that may gather in one place, this meeting will be conducted via remote participation to the greatest extent possible. Specific information and the general guidelines for remote participation by members of the public and/or parties with a right and/or requirement to attend this meeting can be found on the town’s website, at www.essexma.org. For this meeting, members of the public who wish to listen to and/or view the meeting may do so via Video Call (with the option to show yourself on video or not and with the option to use a phone to call in, for audio-only). No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so using the tools discussed below, despite best efforts, we will post on the town’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.
The link to the video conference is: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/bzubricki, and, if prompted, the on-line meeting ID is bzubricki. Depending on your device and software installed, you may be able to join directly, by web browser, or, you may have to download the application directly (you will be shown that choice when you go to the above link). You should be joined in mute mode. However, if that is not the case, please click on the audio icon to mute your microphone. You can choose to activate your camera to show yourself, or not. The camera should be off, by default, when you join.
If you do not have a digital device to join via the link above, you can also dial a telephone number and be directly connected to the meeting, via audio only. The call-in-only number is: (425) 436-6352 and the access code is 1729820.
In the event that the video conferencing system fails for some reason, the meeting will be broadcast on a different conference call line, accessed by telephone only, as follows: 717-275-8940. The access code is: 8378315. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS BACKUP PROTOCOL UNLESS THE METHODS IN THE TWO PRECEEDING PARAGRAPHS ARE NOT WORKING (NOT YOU JUST HAVING TROUBLE CONNECTING), SINCE THE BOARD WILL NOT BE MOVING TO THIS ALTERNATIVE NUMBER UNLESS THE PLATFORM FAILS FOR THE BOARD.
AGENDA – OPEN SESSION
6:00 p.m. Public Comment. Please email comments to Town Administrator Brendhan Zubricki: email@example.com. Your comments will be read from time to time throughout the meeting. If your comment relates to an agenda item, please note that in the email subject line.
6:05 p.m. Harbormaster Dan Fialho regarding racks at Conomo Point and regulations.
Brendhan Zubricki: Presentation of his Town Administrator’s Report for the period March 6, 2021 through February March 19, 2021, regarding the following:
• Public Safety Facility Construction Project Update
• Change Order: Close in Areas Behinds Sinks in New Police Station Detention Cells
• Change Order: Install Epoxy Flooring at New Police Station Detention Cells/Corridor
• Change Order: No Cost Time Extension for Substantial Completion of Public Safety Building
• Proposal for Police Security Gate and Fencing, Public Safety Building
• Revision of Base Plans for Old Fire Station Demolition/Site Restoration
• Future Police Department Body and Cruiser Camera System Purchase
• Discuss Future Options for the Folsom Pavilion
• Fiscal Year 2022 Town Operating and Manchester Essex School District Budgets
• Marijuana Establishment Site Plan Review & Special Permit Hearing Summary
• Continued Discussion of a Potential Cape Ann Regional Vaccination Site
• Conomo Point Rowing Craft Storage Regulations
• Approve the weekly warrant in the amount of $.
• Vote to exempt from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the 03/11/2021 warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
Ernest Nieberle Nieberle’s 02/24/2021 $ 151.00 Police
Ernest Nieberle Nieberle’s 02/24/2021 $ 68.90 Fire
• Vote to exempt from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the 03/18/2021 warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
Ernest Nieberle Nieberle’s 2/24/2021 $ 2,042.51 Snow Removal
• Approve the minutes for the Selectmen’s March 8, 2021, Open Meeting.
• Vote to issue and sign a license agreement with the Conomo Point Association to attach ramps and floats to the Stone Pier at the Point.
• Vote to transfer the lease for 166 Conomo Point Road, Map 108, Lot 45 from Edwin Walker, Nina Walker, Alison McLatchy Bryer, and Eliza McLatchy Lucas to The Edwin and Nina Walker Family Trust, Nina Walker, Trustee.
• Vote to approve the request from the Council on Aging to appoint Diane Polley to its board for a partial 3-year term, ending 6/30/2023.
• Assign Town representatives to Environmental Protection Agency’s Building Blocks Regional Technical Assistance Grant.
• Accept letter of resignation from Dan Doucette as Fire Chief as of Saturday 3/20/21.
• Vote to appoint Ernest Nieberle to the Board of Fire Engineers.
• Vote to appoint Dan Doucette as a Firefighter.
• Vote to appoint the incoming Fire Chief as Town Fire Warden and Emergency Management Director upon election of a new Chief by the Board of Fire Engineers.
• Vote to recommend the cost-of-living allowance (COLA) and the resultant Wage & Salary Scale for non-union, non-contract personnel for fiscal year 2022.
• Vote to recommend the fiscal year 2022 Water and Sewer Enterprise Fund Budgets.
• Town Meeting and Election Warrants:
o Vote to include the articles as they appear on the draft of the Warrant, dated March 22, 2021, for the Annual Town Meeting to be held May 15, 2021, which is attached hereto.
o Vote to close the Town Meeting Warrant.
o Vote to approve the Town Meeting Warrant.
o Vote to sign the Town Meeting Warrant.
o Vote to approve the Annual Town Election Warrant dated March 22, 2021, for the election of May 10, 2021, which is attached hereto.
o Vote to sign the Election Warrant.
• Review a letter from Michael and Sarah Dyer regarding the need for affordable housing.
• Review a letter from Antonella Muniz regarding the proposed creation of a strategic zoning committee.
• Items that could not be reasonably anticipated by the Open Meeting Law posting deadline.
Commercial Shellfish Permit:
• Katharine Bernier
• Kyle Maffeo
Gasoline-Fuel Storage Permits:
• Nieberle’s Service Station, 8 Main Street
• Holden Oil, Inc., #2 Scot’s Way
• Perkins Marine, Inc., 82 Main Street
• Energy North, Inc., d/b/a Energy Liquors, Abdessamad Madkour, 156 Main Street
One-Day Entertainment License:
• Woodman’s Inc., Stephen Woodman, for use on Saturday, April 10, 2021, between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. within the confines of the Woodman’s Function Hall lawn.
• Woodman’s Inc., Stephen Woodman, for use on Friday, May 28, 2021, between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. within the confines of the tent at 125 Main Street.
• The next regular Board of Selectmen’s meeting will take place on Monday, April 12, 2021, at 6:00 p.m. in the 2nd Floor Stage Conference Area at the Town Hall, 30 Martin Street.