Selectmen’s Meeting October 18, 2016
7:00 p.m. Public Comment.
7:05 p.m. Paul & Charlotte Fitzpatrick and Edward & Jeanne Lynch regarding a written request by Lynch to assign the leasehold at 122 Conomo Point Road, Map 108, Lot 68 to Fitzpatrick.
7:15 p.m. Public Hearing to hear comment concerning and to potentially approve the transfer of an All Alcoholic Beverages License from CPM Investment Group, Inc., d/b/a Essex Wine & Spirits, Vincent Marano, Manager, at 65 Eastern Avenue to Fenisha Corp., d/b/a Schooner’s Market, Bhavikaben Jignesh Patel, Manager, at 121 Eastern Avenue and concerning a change in the form of license currently held by Fenisha Corp. at 121 Eastern Avenue from a Wines and Malt Beverages License to said All Alcoholic Beverages License.
7:30 p.m. Essex Historical Commission to discuss cost figures for preservation versus replacement options for Folsom Pavilion, Centennial Grove.
7:45 p.m. Barry O’Brien of Cape Ann Regional Cable Advisory Committee, to discuss commencement of negotiations with Comcast for a successor franchise agreement and a letter of support from the Selectmen.
Brendhan Zubricki: Presentation of his Town Administrator’s Report for the period October 1st through October 14th, 2016, regarding the following:
• Follow-up Regarding Replacement of Town Hall Second-Floor Bubbler
• Change Order Proposal for Installation of Bathroom Cabinet/Brackets
• Change Order Proposal for Installation of Exterior Hose Spigot
• Change Order Proposal for the Repair and Repainting of Post Lights
• Pricing for Replacement of Library Lighting Fixtures
• Schedule for Upcoming Northern Conomo Point Permitting
• Cost Proposal for Engineering Study Concerning 24-30 Martin Street
• State Dredge Team Meeting
• Official Close-out of the Essex Consent Decree
Approve the weekly warrant in the amount of $.
Vote to exempt from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the 10-11-16 warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 09/24/16 234.70 Fire
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 09/24/16 679.24 Highway
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 09/24/16 53.60 Wastewater
James McNeilly McNeilly EMS 09/07/16 10.00 Police
Dave Pereen Pereen Plumbing 09/25/16 127.50 Water
Approve the minutes for the Selectmen’s October 3, 2016, Open Meeting.
Sign warrant for November 8, 2016 State Election.
Vote to add articles to the warrant for the November 14, 2016 Special Town Meeting known as the Fall Town Meeting per the draft warrant or as revised; Vote to close the warrant; Vote to approve the warrant; Vote to sign the warrant at or outside of a meeting (if revisions necessary).
Cast absentee ballot for municipal seats on Boston Regional Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) board.
Discuss nominations for Volunteer of the Year.
Discuss nominations for Employee of the Year.
Consider appointing the following individuals to the Essex Cultural Council: James Trudeau (4 Eastern Avenue), Ann Trudeau (4 Eastern Avenue), Louis Irwin (6 Turtleback Road).
Continued discussion regarding seating count management at Riversbend Restaurant, as related to liquor license conditions.
See correspondence from Alden Blodget regarding Police Department budget.
Conomo Point Matters:
• Consider written request to change the Trustee of the Betty Crossen Trust of 01-28-99 concerning the Bridge Lease for 142 Conomo Point Road, Map 108, Lot 60 from Mr. Edward A. Marshall III (who has resigned as Trustee) to Trustees Tracy Marshall and Peter Marshall.
• Continued discussion relative to request for long-term lease at 168 Conomo Point Road, Map 108, Lot 46, Goldsberry, due to septic components being located at that property, with dwelling at Lot 57. Metal tank on lot 46 requires replacement.
Items that could not be reasonably anticipated by the Open Meeting Law posting deadline.
Approve One-day Wine and Malt and One-day Entertainment Licenses for Ales Over ALS event to be held at the Essex Shipbuilding Museum, 66 Main Street, on October 22, 2016 between 1:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
REMINDER: The next regular Board of Selectmen’s meeting will take place on Monday, October 31, 2016, at 7:00 p.m. at the Essex Library, 245 Western Avenue.