SELECT BOARD REGULAR SESSION
Callahan Room Dalton Town Hall
7:00P.M., May 9, 2016
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Approval of Minutes: April 25, 2016
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following:
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when an agenda item is discussed by the Board, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair.
6. Demolish "White House" on Gulf Road - Historical Commission requested.
7. Police Department Appointments:
• Full Time Position - James R. Duryea
• Temporary Full Time Position - Joseph A. Kennedy
8. Report from Traffic Commission on School Street
9. Set Special Town Meeting Date
10. Town Manager Projects Update
11. Support Letter, H. 3905, An Act to Modernize Municipal Finance and Government
12. Robert Bishop - discussion BRPC Compact
13. Items for Future Agendas
14. Remarks of Select Board Members
• The Dalton Master Plan Steering Committee will be hosting a Public Information Meeting on May 18th at 6:30pm at the Senior Center to review the findings of the Master Plan and to review proposed actions. Please attend to let the committee know what issues in in town are important to you
• Memorial Day Parade will take place on Monday, May 30, 2016 at 9:30 a.m. starting at the First Methodist Church.
• The Traffic Commission is looking for a new member. If interested, please contact the Town Manager’s Office at 684-6111, Ext. 11.
• Stormwater Management Commission is looking for a new member. If interested please contact the Town Manger's Office at 684-6111, Ext. 11
• Please note that Dalton’s Official Meeting Postings, Agendas and Minutes can be viewed at mytowngovernment.org/01226
• The Public Electric Vehicle Charging Station located at the Senior Center, is in service and may be used free of charge for a short period of time
• The Veteran’s Agent. Usual office hours are on Tuesdays 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Dalton Town Hall and on Thursday from 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach the Veterans’ Agent at 413-684-6111 Ext. 19.
• State Representative Paul Mark holds office hours at the Dalton Town Hall, 462 Main Street, in the Callahan Room on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the exception of the third Tuesday of each month. On the third Tuesday, office hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Town Hall and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach his office at his district number which is 413-464-5635.
• John W. Bartels, Jr., holds office hours every Thursday afternoon from
4:30 pm to 6 pm, or by appointment, in the Select Board Office at the Town Hall. For further information please call 413-684-6111 Ext. 11.
• Executive Session: To conduct a strategy session in preparation for negotiation with non-union personnel, to discuss strategy with respect to litigation and to consider the purchase exchange, lease or value of real estate. (Note: Chairman must declare that an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the litigating position of the public body) and not return to open session.