SELECT BOARD REGULAR SESSION
Callahan Room Dalton Town Hall
7:00P.M., August 17, 2015
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Minutes: June 22, 2015, July 13, 2015, and August 3, 2015
5. Public to Address the Board
6. Grow Dalton Initiative – Steve Sears
7. Parking at DYC: Letter from W. Murray Crane Trustees
8. Request by Officer Bishop – Voluntary Demotion to Intermittent Reserve Status
9. Open as Sewer Commission – Set Sewer User Fee for Fiscal Year 2016
10. DCCA Request to transfer Franchise fee.
11. Support letter – Pittsfield 2015 Mass Works Infrastructure Grant Application
12. Appointment of Bob Bishop as an Alternate Representative to Berkshire Regional Planning Commission.
13. Extension request - Dalton Select Board Citation 2048, 2049: Unregistered/Junk Vehicles
14. Memo to CBRSD School Committee: Seeking a representative from the Town.
15. Request from Highway Superintendent for Payment of Unused Vacation Time
16. Berkshire Aggregation – Amendment to Competitive Electric Service Agreement
17. Pipeline Working Group Update
18. Approval of letter to FERC
19. Approval of Police Chief’s Contract
20. Items for future Agendas
• Please note that Dalton’s Official Meeting Postings, Agendas and Minutes can be viewed at mytowngovernment.org/01226
• The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, FERC, is requesting comments on the environmental impacts of the proposed pipeline which will cross Dalton. Go to www.ferc.govby August 31st
• The Veteran’s Agentoffice hours areon Tuesdays 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Dalton Town Hall and on Thursday from 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach the Veterans’ Agent at 413-684-6111 Ext. 19.
• State Representative Paul Mark holds office hours at the Dalton Town Hall, 462 Main Street, in the Callahan Room on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the exception of the third Tuesday of each month. On the third Tuesday, office hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Town Hall and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach his office at his district number which is 413-464-5635.
• John W. Bartels, Jr., holds office hours every Thursday afternoon from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m., or by appointment, in the Select Board Office at the Town Hall.He will not be available on August 20th. For further information please call 413-684-6111 Ext. 11.
22. Executive Session:
• To conduct a strategy session in preparation for negotiations with union and non-union personnel, to discuss strategy with respect to litigation and to consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real estate. (NOTE: Chairman must declare that an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating and litigating position of the public body.) and not return to open session.
• Minutes: June 8,2015 and June 22, 2015