Selectmen’s Meeting January 25, 2021
Town Hall, 2nd Floor Stage, 30 Martin Street
Pursuant to Governor Baker’s March 12, 2020 Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, §18, and the Governor’s March 15, 2020 Order imposing strict limitation on the number of people that may gather in one place, this meeting will be conducted via remote participation to the greatest extent possible. Specific information and the general guidelines for remote participation by members of the public and/or parties with a right and/or requirement to attend this meeting can be found on the town’s website, at www.essexma.org. For this meeting, members of the public who wish to listen to and/or view the meeting may do so via Video Call (with the option to show yourself on video or not and with the option to use a phone to call in, for audio-only). No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so using the tools discussed below, despite best efforts, we will post on the town’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.
The link to the video conference is: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/bzubricki, and, if prompted, the on-line meeting ID is bzubricki. Depending on your device and software installed, you may be able to join directly, by web browser, or, you may have to download the application directly (you will be shown that choice when you go to the above link). You should be joined in mute mode. However, if that is not the case, please click on the audio icon to mute your microphone. You can choose to activate your camera to show yourself, or not. The camera should be off, by default, when you join.
If you do not have a digital device to join via the link above, you can also dial a telephone number and be directly connected to the meeting, via audio only. The call-in-only number is: (425) 436-6352 and the access code is 1729820.
In the event that the video conferencing system fails for some reason, the meeting will be broadcast on a different conference call line, accessed by telephone only, as follows: 717-275-8940. The access code is: 8378315. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS BACKUP PROTOCOL UNLESS THE METHODS IN THE TWO PRECEEDING PARAGRAPHS ARE NOT WORKING (NOT YOU JUST HAVING TROUBLE CONNECTING), SINCE THE BOARD WILL NOT BE MOVING TO THIS ALTERNATIVE NUMBER UNLESS THE PLATFORM FAILS FOR THE BOARD.
AGENDA – OPEN SESSION
6:00 p.m. Public Comment. Please email comments to Town Administrator Brendhan Zubricki: firstname.lastname@example.org Your comments will be read from time to time throughout the meeting. If your comment relates to an agenda item, please note that in the email subject line.
7:00 p.m. Quarterly Department Head Meeting
8:00 p.m. Executive Session
Brendhan Zubricki: Presentation of his Town Administrator’s Report for the period January 9, 2021 through January 22, 2021, regarding the following:
• Position Description for Public Safety Building Custodian
• Public Safety Building Construction Project Update
• Change Order: Public Safety Building Dryer Vent
• Change Order: Public Safety Building – Extend Vehicle Exhaust Vent
• Change Order: Credit for Unsuitable Soil Allowance, Public Safety Site
• Change Order: Concrete Slab for Police Storage Container
• Public Safety Building Project Representation for Duration of Project
• School Budget Collaboration Meeting Summary
• Draft Annual Town Meeting Warrant
• Approve the weekly warrant in the amount of $.
• Vote to exempt from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the 01/14/2021 warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 12/24/2020 $ 1,670.18 Police
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 12/24/2200 $ 269.80 Fire
• Vote to exempt from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the 01/21/2021 warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 12/24/2020 $ 960.03 Snow Removal
• Approve the minutes for the Selectmen’s January 11, 2021, Open Meeting.
• Acknowledge a letter of resignation from Richard Stevens from the Historical Commission.
• Consider a recommendation from Historical Commission Chair Nat Crosby to appoint Justin Kane to the Commission.
• Consider a recommendation from Historical Commission Chair Nat Crosby to appoint Drew Godfrey to the Commission.
• Sign letter of thanks to the City of Gloucester for sponsoring a vaccination clinic for first responders.
• Consider a request to add Heidi Lane and Virginia Lane to the following leases held by Marjorie Lane at Conomo Point: 9 Conomo Lane, 144 Conomo Point Road, 179 Conomo Point Road (two lots), 9 Middle Road, and 163 Conomo Point Road (which is also in the name of Sarah Cushing).
• Discuss planning and scope of work for possible display shed for antique fire pumper once old fire station has been demolished.
• Summary of fiscal year 2022 operating budget proposal analysis to date.
• Consider a request from the Conservation Commission to use $6,000 from the Wetlands Protection Fund.
• Vote to approve the Chairman’s signature on the standard contract with the State Executive Office of Elder Affairs for the annual grant to the Council on Aging in the amount of $9,036.00.
• Items that could not be reasonably anticipated by the Open Meeting Law posting deadline.
• Animal Control Officer for 1 year: Amelia Reilly
• Animal Control Officer, Assistant for 1 year: Diane Corliss
• Animal Health Inspector for 1 year: Pamela Stone
• Appeals Board for 3 years: Michael Davis
• The next regular Board of Selectmen’s meeting will take place on Monday, February 8, 2021, at 6:00 p.m. in the 3rd Floor Auditorium at the Town Hall, 30 Martin Street.
AGENDA – EXECUTIVE SESSION
• Discussion of possible fiscal year 2021 merit pay, individually, with the Town Accountant, the Treasurer/Tax Collector, the Police Chief, and the Town Administrator, based on each employee’s individual employment agreement. Also, discussion of possible successor employment agreement with the Town Administrator.