REGULAR SELECT BOARD MEETING
Callahan Room Dalton Town Hall
7:00 P.M, October 22, 2018
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Minutes: September 24, October 9, 2018
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following:
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when an agenda item is discussed by the Board, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair. Address comments to the Board Chair and be concise.
6. Appointments: Conservation Commission
7. Junk Car Report
8. Berkshire Gas Resident Notification Letter - April 27, 2018
9. Open road on former Bardin property for access to North Mt.
10. Grant Acceptances
• Mass Cultural Council
• Bureau of Justice Assistance
11. Rural Commonwealth: Support Letters
12. Wahconah School Building Committee/CBRSD School Committee Reports
13. Town Manager Updates
14. Items for Future Agendas
15. Remarks of Select Board
• The State Election On Tuesday, November 6, 2018, will be held at The Dalton Community House, 400 Main Street, Dalton, MA. A Link To The Commonwealth Of Massachusetts Web Site Which Allows Voters To Check Their Voter Registration Status Can Be Found At Www.Dalton-Ma.Gov, Click On Town Departments, Town Hall, Town Clerk, Elections And Click The Link To Voter Registration.
Note Also That Early Voting Will Be Available from Monday, October 22, 2018 Through Thursday, October 25, 2018; And Monday, October 29, 2018 Through Thursday, November 1, 2018, From 8:30 A.M. To 4:30 P.M. In The Office of the Town Clerk, Town Hall, 462 Main Street, Dalton, MA. For Further Information, Please Call 413-684-6111 Ext. 14 Or 15.
• Trick or Treat will be held on Halloween - Wednesday, October 31, 2018 from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm.
• The Dalton Police Department is reminding the citizens of Dalton of the Winter Parking Ban which goes into effect on November 15, 2018 and will be in effect until April 15, 2019.
• The Fitch-Hoose House is now open through October on Saturdays from
• John W. Bartels, Jr., holds office hours by appointment. For further information, please call 413-684-6111 Ext. 11. & home (413) 684-2526
• The Dalton Beautification Commission is seeking Volunteers to assist in maintaining the commission's established garden spaces in the community. If interested, please contact the Town Manager's Office at 684-6111 Ext 11.
• State Representative Paul Mark holds office hours at the Dalton Town Hall, 462 Main Street, in the Callahan Room on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the exception of the third Tuesday of each month. On the third Tuesday, office hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Town Hall and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach his office at his district number which is 413-464-5635.
17. Executive Session - Not to Return to Open Session: To conduct a strategy session in preparation for negotiations with union & non-union personnel and litigation; (Note: Chairman must declare that an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating position of the public body), and not return to open session:
18. Executive Session Minutes: September 24, October 9, 2018