SELECT BOARD SPECIAL MEETING
Callahan Room Dalton Town Hall
7:00 P.M, MARCH 12, 2018
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
5. Public Address to the Board:
This is the time when the Public may address the Board on any item listed on the meeting agenda or on any issue or matter of the Town. If you intend on addressing the Board at this time we ask that you do the following:
* Please identify yourself by name, address or the company/institution you represent.
* The Public Address to the Board segment will last no longer than 30 minutes.
* Please make your comments concise and try not to repeat statements made by others.
* Please address your comments to the Board Chair.
* Discussion or debate on any issue may not take place at this time.
* Questions on procedural matters may be answered by the Chair or their designee.
* Please be cordial and respectful of others.
* If anyone wishes to be recognized when an agenda item is discussed by the Board, please make the request at this time. This request may be granted by the Board Chair.
6. Habitat for Humanity - Permit for Waiver
7. Acceptance of Gift from the Robert J. Fox Revocable Trust
8. Dept. Budget Reviews & Budget Update
9. Remarks of Select Board
• The new Veterans Agent office hours are Wednesdays from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM at the Town Hall and 11:40 AM to 1:30 PM at the Senior Center. Services for Dalton Veterans are now available Monday through Friday through the North Adams Veterans Services Department: call 413-662-3040.
• Public Power is now the Town’s supplier for the Municipal Electrical Aggregation Program. You will see that name as the supplier of electricity on your Eversource bill, unless you have another supplier. To opt in or out of the program go on-line to: https://colonialpowergroup.com/dalton/ or call Public Power at 1-800-830-2944.
• The Dalton Police Department is reminding the Citizens of Dalton of the Winter Parking Ban from 1 a.m. to 6 a.m. which went into effect on November 15, 2017 and will be in effect until April 15, 2018.
• Robert W. Bishop, Jr., holds office hours, by appointment, in the Select Board Office at the Town Hall. For further information please call 413-684-6111 Ext. 11.
• Please note that Dalton’s Official Meeting Postings, Agendas and Minutes can be viewed at mytowngovernment.org/01226
• State Representative Paul Mark holds office hours at the Dalton Town Hall, 462 Main Street, in the Callahan Room on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the exception of the third Tuesday of each month. On the third Tuesday, office hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Town Hall and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dalton Senior Center. You can reach his office at his district number which is 413-464-5635.
• The Building Inspector office hours are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Tuesday: 8:00 a.m.to 12:30
11. Executive Session To conduct a strategy session in preparation for litigation. (Note: Chairman must declare that an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the litigating position of the public body) and not return to open session: