Selectmen’s Meeting February 22, 2021
Town Hall, 2nd Floor Stage, 30 Martin Street
Pursuant to Governor Baker’s March 12, 2020 Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, §18, and the Governor’s March 15, 2020 Order imposing strict limitation on the number of people that may gather in one place, this meeting will be conducted via remote participation to the greatest extent possible. Specific information and the general guidelines for remote participation by members of the public and/or parties with a right and/or requirement to attend this meeting can be found on the town’s website, at www.essexma.org. For this meeting, members of the public who wish to listen to and/or view the meeting may do so via Video Call (with the option to show yourself on video or not and with the option to use a phone to call in, for audio-only). No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so using the tools discussed below, despite best efforts, we will post on the town’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.
The link to the video conference is: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/bzubricki, and, if prompted, the on-line meeting ID is bzubricki. Depending on your device and software installed, you may be able to join directly, by web browser, or, you may have to download the application directly (you will be shown that choice when you go to the above link). You should be joined in mute mode. However, if that is not the case, please click on the audio icon to mute your microphone. You can choose to activate your camera to show yourself, or not. The camera should be off, by default, when you join.
If you do not have a digital device to join via the link above, you can also dial a telephone number and be directly connected to the meeting, via audio only. The call-in-only number is: (425) 436-6352 and the access code is 1729820.
In the event that the video conferencing system fails for some reason, the meeting will be broadcast on a different conference call line, accessed by telephone only, as follows: 717-275-8940. The access code is: 8378315. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS BACKUP PROTOCOL UNLESS THE METHODS IN THE TWO PRECEEDING PARAGRAPHS ARE NOT WORKING (NOT YOU JUST HAVING TROUBLE CONNECTING), SINCE THE BOARD WILL NOT BE MOVING TO THIS ALTERNATIVE NUMBER UNLESS THE PLATFORM FAILS FOR THE BOARD.
AGENDA – OPEN SESSION
6:00 p.m. Public Comment. Please email comments to Town Administrator Brendhan Zubricki: firstname.lastname@example.org Your comments will be read from time to time throughout the meeting. If your comment relates to an agenda item, please note that in the email subject line.
6:40 p.m. Harbormaster Fialho to discuss possible rules and regulations for rowing craft racks and parking for non-resident mooring holders.
7:00 p.m. Finance Committee and Board of Public Works to discuss the draft of the FY2022 Operating Budget and the FY2022 Capital Project Requests, including the status of the Manchester Essex Regional School District operating budget proposal.
Brendhan Zubricki: Presentation of his Town Administrator’s Report for the period February 6, 2021 through February 19, 2021, regarding the following:
• Evaluation of Options for Police Body/Cruiser Camera Systems
• Public Safety Building Construction Project Update
• Public Safety Building Roof Potential Installation Defect
• Review of Base Plan for Demolition of Old Public Safety Building.
• Change Order: Joint Filler for Epoxy Flooring at Public Safety Facility
• Change Order: Public Safety Building Bay Door Supports & Training Room Lights
• Change Order: Added Line Striping, Public Safety Facility Apparatus Bay
• Change Order: Added Door Clearance Lights, Public Safety Building Bay Doors
• Change Order: Relocate Hand Wash Sink, Public Safety Facility
• Change Order: Soffit Ceiling Added, Public Safety Building Bunker Gear Room
• Public Safety Building Phone System Contract
• School Budget Collaboration Group Meeting Summary
• Chebacco Lake Environmental Planning Meeting Summary
• Draft Annual Town Meeting Warrant
• Approve the weekly warrant in the amount of $.
• Vote to exempt from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the 02/11/2021 warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s Service Station 1/24/2021 $1,796.76 Police
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s Service Station 1/24/2021 $45.90 Fire
• Vote to exempt from Section 20 of Chapter 268A of the General Laws, the contracts and amounts for the individuals listed below contained within the 2/18/2021 warrant pursuant to subsection (d) of said Section.
NAME VENDOR DATE AMOUNT DEPT’S BILL
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 01/24/2021 $ 1,254.30 Snow
Ernie Nieberle Nieberle’s 01/24/2021 $ 184.95 Wastewater
Jim McNeilly McNeilly EMS 02/03/2021 $ 14.00 Fire
Jim McNeilly McNeilly EMS 02/09/2021 $ 199.00 Fire
• Approve the minutes for the Selectmen’s February 8, 2021, Open Meeting.
• Approve health insurance rate increase for fiscal year 2022 (1.0%) and accept a one-time premium credit equating to 8.3% of the fiscal year 2021 total premium, to be credited against the fiscal year 2022 premium.
• Vote to authorize the Chairman’s signature on the Local Cultural Council contract with the State for a grant in the amount of $4,900.
• Vote to authorize the Chairman’s signature on the COVID-19 Expense Reimbursement Application administered by MAPC when it becomes available.
• Approve the request from the Council on Aging to appoint Susan Parady to the COA Board for a partial 3-year term, ending 6/30/22. Sign the appointment card.
• Acknowledge the resignation of Charles McNeil from the Strategic Planning Committee.
• Acknowledge the resignation of Robert Coviello from the Economic Development Committee and from the Strategic Planning Committee.
• Discussion regarding fielding candidates for the business and shellfish community seats on the Strategic Planning Committee.
• Approval and signature of successor employment agreement with Town Administrator Brendhan Zubricki.
• Discuss the current layout of closed circuit monitoring cameras in the new public safety building and whether that network should be expanded or altered in any way.
• Discussion regarding the Council on Aging’s request for a local vaccination site.
• Discussion regarding wedding venues.
• Items that could not be reasonably anticipated by the Open Meeting Law posting deadline.
Non-Resident Shellfish Permit:
• Michael C. Rogers, Georgetown, MA sponsored by Louise Holland
• George Smolinski, S. Hamilton, MA sponsored by Alexander Dale
Commercial Shellfish Permit:
• David Burnham
• Brian Carlson
• Kristina Jacobs
• Matthew Jacobs
• Mark Jordan
• Edward G. Lane
• Judson Lane
• Matthew E. Lane
• Matthew G. Lane
• Amanda Loebelenz
• Brian Loebelenz
• Josephine MacDougall
• Phillip MacDougall
• Bruce Mello
• George E. Mullin
• Tomaz Tofuri
Commercial Student Shellfish Permit:
• Ryan Andrews
• Andrew Cort
• Colby Doane
• Michael Loebelenz
• Todd W. Rogers, Jr.
Commercial Senior Shellfish Permit:
• Robert Doane
• George E. Lane
• Dan Marshall
• Charles A. McNeil
• William Pascucci
• Thomas Prentiss
• Peter F. Wilson
• The next regular Board of Selectmen’s meeting will take place on Monday, March 8, 2021, at 6:00 p.m. in the 2nd Floor Stage Conference Area at the Town Hall, 30 Martin Street.