Selectmen’s Meeting October 31, 2016
Essex Library, 245 Western Avenue
7:00 p.m. Public Comment.
8:00 p.m. Quarterly Town Business Coordination Meeting with Department Heads and Board/Committee Chairs. Discussion will feature discussion relative to the Fall Town Meeting Warrant.
Brendhan Zubricki: Presentation of his Town Administrator’s Report for the period October 15th through October 28th, 2016, regarding the following:
• Heat Pipe, Wiring, Third Floor, and HVAC Slab Possible Change Orders
• Potential Additional Funds for Town Hall/Library Renovation Project
• Potential Additional Funds for Town Hall/Library Renovation Fixtures/Furnishings
• Pricing for Replacement of Library Lighting Fixtures
• Draft Motions for Fall Town Meeting
• Promotion of Need for Service on Volunteer Boards and Commissions
Approve the weekly warrant in the amount of $.
Approve the minutes for the Selectmen’s October 18, 2016, Open Meeting.
Vote to approve and sign a State contract in the maximum amount of $4,400 with the Essex Cultural Council.
See correspondence from Tina Lane concerning increasing participation in Town government.
Approve renewal rates for retiree health care coverage (runs on a calendar year basis).
Consider Selectmen’s meeting schedule for balance of calendar year. Meetings are scheduled for November 1 (Conservation Commission hearing), November 14 (prior to Fall Town Meeting, 6:30 p.m.), November 16 (Planning Board hearing), November 28, December 5, and December 19. January meetings would likely occur on January 9 and January 23, 2017.
Conomo Point Matters:
• Vote (see language) to approve two building permits requested by Tony and Stephani Storella for alterations to their leased property at 39 Middle Road.
• Vote (see language) to approve a building permit requested by Paul and Charlotte Fitzpatrick for alterations to their leased property at 122 Conomo Point Road.
• Consider written request by the Estate of James Lane to assign the leaseholds for 9 Middle Road (Map 108, Lot 58) and 144 Conomo Point Road (Map 108, Lot 59), and from the Estate of James Lane and Sarah Cushing to assign the leasehold for 163 Conomo Point Road (Map 108, Lot 36) to: Marjorie D. Lane (lots 58 and 59) and Marjorie D. Lane & Sarah Cushing (lot 36).
Items that could not be reasonably anticipated by the Open Meeting Law posting deadline.
Executive Session Expected: No items at this time.
Commercial Shellfish Permit and Waiver of Application Deadline – Benn Ferriero
REMINDER: The Board will also meet with the Conservation Commission on November 1, 2016 at 7:30 p.m. at the Library to participate in public hearing concerning the northern Conomo Point public access improvement project.
REMINDER: The next regular Board of Selectmen’s meeting will take place on Monday, November 14, 2016, at 6:30 p.m. in Teachers’ Lounge at the Essex Elementary School. The Fall Town Meeting will follow at 7:30 p.m. that evening in the school cafetorium.
REMINDER: The Board will meet with the Planning Board on November 16, 2016 at 7:30 p.m. at the Fire Station to participate in public hearing concerning the northern Conomo Point public access improvement project.