for Hardwick Recycling Commission February 12, 2010 noon at the Hardwick Recycling Center
A. Presentation by Irene Congdon, Central Mass Municipal Assistance Coordinator
1. Future regional opportunities. An overview of what towns are doing in the region, and discussion of how we might pick up more out-of-town stickers. Suggestions and ideas on how we can use our $500 grant to do outreach to get more people in Hardwick using the center.
2. Where is everyone taking their recyclables and hard to manage items- maybe can get a deal by working together.
3. Talk about existing programs like HHW
4. Talk about a regional beautification project at recycling centers- painting, planting, cleaning, repairing (maybe teaming with schools, especially the tech in Charlton)
5. Talk about working together on a collecting mattresses and couches.
B. Recycling Center issues present and future such as compactor repair and possible replacement, water source issues, service by Integrated Paper, etc.
C. Representative from Hardwick to the MA Product Stewardship Council?
D. Signing of bills
E. Review and approval of minutes from previous meeting
F. Scheduling next meeting
AND ANY OTHER BUSINESS TOPICS NOT REASONABLY ANTICIPATED BY THE CHAIR
THIS AGENDA IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.