Town of Hardwick Conservation Commission AGENDA June 3, 2015
Approval of Minutes of May20, 2015
Public Hearings: Continued: Massachusetts Water Resources Authority, Quabbin Power, Communications, & Security Improvements; power line in Quabbin DEP # 176-0135; report on site visit on May 26th
Borrego Solar, NOI for 2553 Barre Road & 0 Cleveland Road
Forest Cutting Plans: Robinson Lumber, 120 acres, Cleveland Rd
Enforcement Orders: Mr. John Samek, Old Greenwich Plains Rd; removal of truck trailer and 2 culverts; NOI pending for stream crossing
Violation Notice: sent certified mail to Howard Lane, Barre Rd, regarding filling in the buffer zone
Request for Certificate of Compliance:
Report on Inquiries/ comments to the commission:
1. 1278 Prouty Road, Jon Liland inquired about status of OOC & Enforcement Order; report from biologist pending (Zinni)
2. Report on Rebecca Stillman farm, 3689 Greenwich Rd, concrete foundation
3. Fourtier report: neighbor, 2332 Greenwich Rd, bulldozing soil into wetland; DEP Enforcement Order was in effect & DEP, Tim McKenna has been contacted (Rylestone).
4. Mr. Rob Ruggles called to report that he will be installing 4000’ of fencing on Podbelski’s farm; consulting commission on river front regulations
Financial Report (L. Leehy): Approval and signing of invoices
Site Visit Reports:
1. Rick Morrill property, 161 Delargy Rd., letter sent regarding work being outside of resource areas
2. Quabbin for MWRA, power & security enhancements (see hearing above)
Commission Office Report New positions, redefine existing positions, elections Wetland Enforcement Manual Commission website, brochure, checklist for building permit/education & outreach; edit brochure Regulatory issues from Mark Stinson, DEP: handout on common mistakes on DEP forms Office files: tagging for year (annual report, expirations, extensions) but organizing by address Associate member option Update of all commission members’ terms; add to office calendar of annual deadlines Review of calendar of annual deadlines Coverage during clerk’s vacation, last week of April; outcome Purchases: 100’ measuring tape/tape recorder/Massachusetts Runoff, Erosion & Sediment Control Field Guide WPA Regulations to new members/swearing in appts/ID cards from Police Dept.
• NOI for gazebo and Thompson parcel ( Zinni); file, abutter notices, etc
• Request for repair of Old Furnace launch site driveway (Zinni): “maintenance”?
New Business: Date and time of next meeting: June 17, 2015, 6:30 PM
This meeting is posted in compliance with the Massachusetts Open Meeting Law. The agenda may change to reflect unforeseen business.